Best Moist Chocolate Cake Recipe Testimonials Page 2
- I just wanted to take a minute to say thank you for the amazing recipe! I just made it this week and it was a huge hit! Many thanks! Katie, 2/24/09
- I tried this recipe after I Googled "moist chocolate cake." The cake was WONDERFUL!!!!!! Thanks for this recipe online Trina W., 3/24/09
- My mom used to make a cake similar to this one that was everybody's favorite! She used
to add walnuts to her batter and top it off with a cream cheese frosting. I used to think hers was moist.... but your recipe tops it off with incredible moistness! I do believe the difference between hers and yours is the buttermilk! Can't thank you enough for this free recipe! Brenda, 6/1/09
Note: Many thanks to Brenda for supplying baking times for cupcakes and the recommendation to use cupcake liners!
- My husband and I married just last year, and I really wanted to make him a great birthday cake. He requested a chocolate cake, and please make it from scratch.... well I was very nervous as I had never made a cake from scratch that was worth eating.
Your cake recipe is absolutely perfect. I followed the directions, changed nothing, even used the simple frosting recipe. This recipe has definitely become a permanent addition to our family recipe box! Many thanks, Suzanne and Cole H., 6/21/09
- This is the 2nd time I have made this cake!!! it is the best... and so easy! Pauline, 10/19/09
- Couldn't go past telling you that this IS truly the best chocolate cake recipe EVER!!! I am a Mum of 3 boys and have been on the lookout for a great easy chocolate cake to bake. I made this for the workmen installing our pool yesterday (We live in Australia)... and served it again today ( to the Installers) and they all thought I was this legend baker/ress hehe. Little did they know how EASY it was. This will definitely become the essential favorite recipe for years!! Thank you.
Jo D., 12/19/09
- (This is the last) Recipe I will EVER try from the Internet. This was an AWFUL cake!!!!! I rechecked the ingredients twice before making the cake. It was bitter and my family hated it. I will stick to known and tried recipes from now on. No thanks to Best Chocolate Cake Recipe! BT 03/20/10
Ouch!!! I've had this kind of response two or three times. It's what prompted me to make the YouTube video. Obviously something went wrong and I feel bad that I didn't do a better job of explaining the directions. Literally hundreds of thousands of people have made the cake successfully. But it still really bothers me when this happens. Or maybe nothing went wrong and BT just hated the cake. Regardless, I'm sorry you ran into a problem, BT, 3/20/10
- I just made this cake yesterday for a 5 year old birthday today and it was a BIG success. Fantastic recipe - cake is moist and rich without being sweet and sickly.... groan - I ate too much!
Charlotte H., 4/20/10
- I just want to say thank you so much for posting this recipe. It lived up to everything and more that was already said on the testimonials. This cake is just divine. I used a different icing - by melting dark chocolate drops in about 1/2 - 1 cup of fresh cream, then chilled and iced (it doesn't set, so you need to cover somehow so icing doesn't stick to cover). Thank you again. I have already recommended this to all my friends and family. Kind regards,
Donna D. (New Zealand) 9/11/10
- You guys were definitely right! Best chocolate cake I've ever had period. Sebastine F., 9/27/10
- Loved you chocolate cake recipe! From now on I'm using this recipe for all my cakes... I did want to ask tho if you had a moist vanilla cake recipe? If so could I get that from you? Thanks!
Ozzy A., 10/11/10
- I was looking for a moist cake and came upon your recipe. I was surprised at how easy it is and even more surprised at how moist it is even after a few days. I'm keeping this one! Thanks for an incredibly easy and delicious moist cake. Alicia, 10/27/10
- Thank you so much for putting this recipe on the web it is the best cake I have ever made where I haven't had to cheat and buy one from the shop and pretend I have baked it.
I gave the cake to my future mother in law and she was so shocked at how chocolaty and moist the cake was.
I left the cake wrapped in foil for two days as I know that buttermilk improves flavour over time.
Please can you add me to your mailing list I need all the help I can get if I want to carry on impressing my future mother in law. Kind Regards, Yvonne L., 12/19/10
- My name is April, and I made your cake.
It overflowed in the oven and never baked. It was a thin layer are charred blackness that ended up in the pan. Now I just have a big mess to clean out of my oven, and I followed your directions and ingredients.
This is the worst recipe I have ever used. Thanks for getting my hopes up. April M., 1/15/11
Note: Wow... I have no clue what might have happened. Sorry April.